E-commerce Development and Consulting
End Point has been developing and supporting full-featured ecommerce sites since the late 1990s. Our developers maintain Interchange, contribute to Spree, develop and maintain Piggybak and have also worked with osCommerce, Magento, Zen Cart, and completely custom ecommerce systems.
Put End Point’s ecommerce experts to work for you!
End Point developers have extensive expertise in ecommerce, ranging from back-end inventory management and fulfillment to front-end product merchandising, usability, SEO, and search. Our USA-based developers work closely with our clients by phone, email, and chat, and on site when needed. Together we create solutions to move their businesses forward in manageable increments focused on delivering immediate benefit.
We focus on open source ecommerce frameworks that provide the best environment for immediate success and long-term maintainability, and avoid vendor lock-in and licensing costs. If you need ecommerce development or support in Perl, Ruby (and Ruby on Rails), Python (and Django), or PHP, you’ve come to the right place!
Consider a few case studies of our work:
- Our developers worked with JackThreads to migrate their existing custom PHP ecommerce application to the CakePHP framework. We integrated CakePHP into their existing legacy app and incrementally migrated components to CakePHP over time, allowing them to benefit much sooner from CakePHP with minimal up-front investment. JackThreads also did not need to have a code freeze of their legacy code development during the conversion. See our article Iterative Migration of Legacy Applications to CakePHP for more details.
- End Point has had a long and productive relationship with Backcountry.com. Beginning in 2002, we have worked on a wide variety of projects including development of a high-security credit card processing system, a robust inventory management system, development of a modern MVC (model-
view- controller) framework for Interchange, and architecture for a user-generated question and answer web service. We also work closely with Backcountry.com’s in-house engineering and operations staff to support Backcountry.com’s development environment, PostgreSQL database clusters, and other critical infrastructure.
- For The College District we developed a powerful multi-site ecommerce solution. This includes a master database that handles multiple sites and the application architecture for both common and distinctive per-site design and styling. The College District can now add new sites to their lineup with minimal effort and no duplicated infrastructure.
End Point applies ecommerce and database expertise to help you solve customization, scalability, extensibility, and integration to meet your business needs. Talk to our ecommerce experts today and find out how we can help you!
Related Blog Posts
- Piggybak: End of Year Update
- Verify Addresses the Easy Way with SmartyStreets
- Advanced Product Options (Variants) in Piggybak
- Is AVS for International Customers Useless?
- Piggybak on Heroku