Bucardo is an asynchronous PostgreSQL replication system, allowing for both multi-master and multi-slave operations. It was developed at Backcountry.com by our very own Jon Jensen and Greg Sabino Mullane, and is now in use at many other organizations. Bucardo is free and open source software released under the BSD license.
Database replication is rarely a problem requiring very simple solutions. Knowledge of and experience with the various options is crucial. You can read more about it in our PostgreSQL replication page, then let us give you a short overview of what we can offer you.
Please contact us through our contact page.
Here’s one of our clients:E-COMMERCE backcountry.com
Backcountry.com is a major online retailer selling outdoor adventure gear, now part of Liberty Interactive (NASDAQ: LINTA). End Point has worked extensively with Backcountry.com since 2002 in all technical areas including scalability, feature development, new ecommerce site development, PostgreSQL database support, and infrastructure tools and practices, to name a few.
- Enforcing Transaction Compartments with Foreign Keys and SECURITY DEFINER
- The Mystery of The Zombie Postgres Row
- PG West 2011 Re-cap
- PostgreSQL Serializable and Repeatable Read Switcheroo
- Bucardo PostgreSQL replication to other tables with customname
- MongoDB replication from Postgres using Bucardo
- Bucardo multi-master for PostgreSQL
- NOTIFY vs Prepared Transactions in Postgres (the Bucardo solution)