PostgreSQL (also known as “Postgres”) is an extensible relational database management system with a well-deserved reputation for rock-solid reliability. Many major corporations rely on PostgreSQL for their mission-critical data.
Multiple development platform support
End Point provides top-level PostgreSQL support to all of our clients using PostgreSQL to drive their businesses. This includes optional 24x7 support. We support ecommerce sites, specialized data-processing systems, data warehouses, content management systems, and more. Whether your application is in Ruby on Rails, Python, PHP, Perl, Java, .NET, or C/C++, End Point engineers can make it work smoothly with the Postgres database behind it.
Data modeling and architecture
We model your data rigorously and ensure that the database design gives consistently meaningful data and effectively enforces your core business practices. End Point develops software at a higher standard and uses the robustness, power, and extensibility of PostgreSQL to implement key business logic.
Performance and scalability
Tuning the database and optimizing queries is just the beginning. End Point’s PostgreSQL experts have experience supporting applications in situations ranging from mostly-read web traffic to multi-user ecommerce systems with high transactional load.
Client case studies
For Backcountry.com, End Point built the Bucardo multi-master replication engine to drive several large-scale ecommerce sites. The system handles their high load and provides high availability and fast response times for the customer-facing storefronts as well as back-end customer service staff, accounting, and the warehouse.
End Point manages outside.in PostgreSQL health and performance on many cloud servers at Amazon Web Services. This includes configuration, backups, optimization, upgrades, and migrations.
Learn morePostgreSQL replication
PostgreSQL migrations and updates
Here’s one of our clients:POSTGRESQL FACS
FACS provides remote cloud-based management solutions for the architecture, engineering, and construction industries. End Point supports FACS using PostgreSQL with replication, upgrades, database design and implementation, backups, HA, and system administration.
- Install Pentaho BI Server 5 Enterprise Edition with PostgreSQL repository
- Install Pentaho BI Server 4.8 Community Edition with PostgreSQL Repository
- Slony Migration experience version 1.2 to version 2.2
- Downstream Implications of Data Page Checksums
- Changing Postgres pg_dump warnings into errors with sed
- PostgreSQL Debian apt repository GnuPG key update
- Log Jam: Be careful with local syslog
- The Un-unaccentable Character
- Merging JSONs in PostgreSQL
- Pretty Printing JSONs in PostgreSQL
- Speedier column additions in PostgreSQL
- SFTP virtual users with ProFTPD and Rails: Part 2