RUBY ON RAILS
End Point offers Ruby on Rails services to help your website succeed now while remaining easy to maintain and expand in the future. Take advantage of our expertise building scalable database-backed applications, and our deployment and hosting support.
Rails is a mature development framework that broke new ground with helpful conventions that speed common architecture and development tasks. Rails implements a convention over configuration MVC framework with a rich plugin interface and out-of-the-box unit testing. In the right hands, Rails can dramatically cut time for new website development.
End Point has developed complex Rails applications in ecommerce, large-scale content management systems (CMS), health data management, location-based services, and others for our clients.
End Point understands that your data is your business. Our developers apply our database architecture and design experience to build Rails applications with organized accurate data that sets your business on the path to success.
Secure and High Performance Hosting
End Point has experience with all major Rails hosting methods, including the popular Unicorn and Passenger on cloud, dedicated, and shared servers, and multi-tenant hosting such as Heroku. We are familiar with standard Ruby, Ruby Enterprise Edition, and JRuby. We build and support both standard and custom packaged RPM/Yum Ruby, rbenv, and rvm. We can help you get the manageable, scalable, and secure hosting environment you need.
Here’s one of our clients:E-COMMERCE Survival International
Survival International is a non-profit organization that supports tribal groups worldwide in education, advocacy, and campaigns. End Point developed Survival International’s Spree-based ecommerce site with custom theme integration and shopping cart customization including discounts, donations, and gift wrap options, described more in this blog post. Survival International contributed back to the Spree community with a product options extension derived from the work for Survival International.
- Piggybak Dependency & Demo Updates
- How to Dynamically Update A Spree Product's Price Based on Volume Pricing
- Specify versions for your dependencies in your Gemfiles
- How to DRY out your Active Record queries with Squeel
- A Solution to the Most Common Rails Authentication Problem
- Buy One Get One Promotion with Spree
- Little Spree Big Performance Problems
- Kamelopard update -- Panoramic camera simulation, and splines have returned
- SFTP virtual users with ProFTPD and Rails: Part 2
- Railsbridge NYC
- Login shells in scripts called from cron
- Isolation Test Helper for Rails Development