We are hiring: Ruby on Rails Developer
June 24, 2011
End Point is looking for a talented software developer who can consult with our clients and develop their Rails web applications. We need someone that focuses on the client and will deliver quality, tested code.
About End Point:
End Point is a 15-year-old web consulting company based in New York City, with 20 full-time employees working remotely from around the United States. Our team is made up of strong e-commerce, database, and system administration talent that leverage a variety of open source technologies.
We service over 200 clients ranging from small mom and pop shops to large corporations. End Point continues to grow this year and we’re looking for intelligent and passionate people that want to join our team and make a difference. We prefer open source technology and do collaborative development with Git, GNU Screen, IRC, and voice.
What is in it for you?
- Work from your home office or our Manhattan based headquarters
- Flexible full-time work hours
- Strong balance of work and home life
- Bonus opportunities
- Health insurance benefits
- Ability to move without being tied to your job location
What you will be doing:
- Consulting with clients to determine their web application needs
- Building, testing, and releasing web applications for our clients
- Working with open source tools
What you will need:
- Experience building and testing Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL or another relational database
- Customer-centric focus
- A passion for building flexible and scalable web applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be motivated and able to work from home
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies
Bonus points for:
- Spree, Sinatra, DataMapper or NoSQL experience
- Prior consulting experience
- Building and working with e-commerce systems
- System administration and deployment
- Mobile and location-based technologies
Please email email@example.com to apply.
Does this job description not quite fit what you do? Do you have other software development skills such as Perl, Python, or PHP, and think End Point is the place for you to work? We are always looking for talented people, so send us your resume and we’ll let you know if there is another position that might be a better fit.