Ruby on Rails software developer needed
We’re looking for another talented Ruby on Rails developer to consult with our clients and develop their Ruby on Rails web applications. If you like to focus on solving business problems and can take responsibility for getting a job done well without intensive oversight, please read on!
End Point is a 17-year-old web consulting company based in New York city, with 28 full-time employees working mostly remotely from home offices. Our team is made up of strong ecommerce, database, and system administration talent, working together using ssh, Screen and tmux, IRC, Google+ Hangouts, Skype, and good old phones.
We serve over 200 clients ranging from small family businesses to large corporations, using a variety of open source technologies including Ruby, Python, Perl, Git, PostgreSQL, MySQL, RHEL/CentOS, Debian, and Ubuntu.
What is in it for you?
- Work from your home office
- Flexible full-time work hours
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Health insurance benefit
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ability to move without being tied to your job location
What you will be doing:
- Consult with clients to determine their web application needs
- Build, test, release, and maintain web applications for our clients
- Work with open source tools and contribute back as opportunity arises
- Use your desktop platform of choice: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows
What you will need:
- Professional experience building reliable Ruby on Rails apps
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, or another relational database
- A customer-centered focus
- A passion for building flexible and, where needed, scalable web applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience directing your own work, and working from home
- Ability to learn new technologies
Bonus points for experience:
- Building and supporting ecommerce systems, including with Spree
- Working with other languages and web app frameworks
- Contributing to gems or other open source projects
- Handling system administration and deployment
Please email us an introduction to email@example.com to apply. Include a resume, your GitHub or LinkedIn URLs, or whatever else that would help us get to know you. We look forward to hearing from you!