We’re hiring Rails developers!
August 22, 2013
We’re looking for a few more talented Ruby on Rails developers to consult with our clients and develop their web applications. Do you like to focus on solving business problems? Do you take responsibility for getting a job done well without intensive oversight? Then please read on!
End Point is an 18-year-old web consulting company based in New York City, with 38 full-time employees working mostly remotely from home offices in the United States, Canada, and Europe. Our team is made up of strong ecommerce, database, and system administration talent, working together using ssh, tmux and screen, IRC, phone, Google+ hangouts, and Skype.
We serve over 200 clients ranging from small family businesses to large corporations, using a variety of open source technologies including Ruby, Python, Perl, Git, PostgreSQL, MySQL, CouchDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, jQuery, and many more, on Linux.
What you will be doing:
- Help clients determine their web application needs
- Build, test, release, and maintain web applications for our clients
- Work with open source tools and contribute back as opportunity arises
- Use your desktop platform of choice: Linux, Mac OS X, or Windows
What you will need:
- Professional experience building solid Ruby on Rails apps
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, or other databases
- A customer-centered focus
- A passion for building flexible and, where needed, scalable web applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience directing your own work, and working from home
- Ability to learn new technologies
Bonus points for experience:
- Building and supporting ecommerce systems such as Spree
- Working with other languages and web app frameworks
- Contributing to gems or other open source projects
- Handling system administration and deployment
What is in it for you?
- Work from your home office (time zones UTC-10 to UTC+4 preferred)
- Flexible full-time work hours
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Health insurance benefit (for U.S. employees)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan (for U.S. employees)
- Ability to move without being tied to your job location
You may apply by emailing us an introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a resume, your GitHub or LinkedIn URLs, and anything else that will help us get to know you. We look forward to hearing from you! Full-time job seekers only, please. No agencies or subcontractors.