Liquid Galaxy engineer job opening
By Jon Jensen · Saturday, June 21, 2014
We are looking for a full-time, salaried engineer to help us further develop our software, infrastructure, and hardware integration for the Liquid Galaxy created by Google. Liquid Galaxy is an impressive panoramic system for Google Earth and other applications.
What is in it for you?
- Work from your home office, or from our offices in New York City or Tennessee (Tri-Cities area)
- Flexible full-time work hours
- Benefits including health insurance and 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Ability to move without being tied to your job location
What you will be doing:
- Develop new software involving panoramic video, Google Earth, content management, Interactive Spaces, and ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Improve the system with automation, monitoring, and customizing configurations to customers’ needs
- Provide remote and occasional on-site troubleshooting and support for Liquid Galaxy at customer locations
- Build tours and supporting tools for emerging markets
What you will need:
- Strong programming experience with Java, Python, C/C++, Ruby, Perl, and/or shell
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef, Ansible, Salt, and Puppet
- Linux system administration skills
- Sharp troubleshooting ability
- A customer-centered focus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience directing your own work, and working remotely as part of a team
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies
Bonus points for experience:
- Contributing to open source projects
- Working with geospatial systems, SketchUp, Google Building Maker, Blender, 3D modeling
- Packaging software (e.g. dpkg/apt or RPM/Yum), building custom OS images, PXE booting
- Doing image and video capture and processing, or working with kernel drivers
- Using SQL and databases (relational or non-relational)
End Point is technology consulting company founded in 1995 and based in New York City, with 35 full-time employees working mostly remotely from home offices. We serve over 200 clients ranging from small family businesses to large corporations, using a variety of open source technologies. Our team works together using ssh, Screen and tmux, IRC, Google+ Hangouts, Skype, and even regular phones.
How to apply
Please email us an introduction to email@example.com to apply. Include a resume and your GitHub or other URLs that would help us get to know you. We look forward to hearing from you!