Seeking a PHP developer
October 17, 2019
(This position has been filled.)
We are looking for another PHP software engineer, to work with us during business hours somewhere in the UTC-7 to UTC-4 time zones (U.S. Pacific to Eastern Time). This is a contract-to-hire role, and can be full time or part time.
End Point is a 23-year-old Internet technology consulting company based in New York City, with about 50 employees, most working remotely from home offices. We collaborate using SSH, GitLab, GitHub, chat, video conferencing, and good old email and phones.
We serve many clients ranging from small family businesses to large corporations.
What you will be doing:
- Develop new web applications and support existing ones for our clients
- Work together with End Point co-workers and our clients’ in-house staff
- Use your desktop OS of choice: Linux, macOS, Windows
- Use open source tools and contribute back as opportunity arises
What you bring:
Professional experience with web application development and support:
- Frameworks such as Symfony or Laravel
- Databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Solr, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Security consciousness
- Git version control
- Automated testing
- HTTP, REST APIs, and/or SOAP
- Magento experience is a plus!
And just as important:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A good remote work environment
- An eye for detail
- Tenacity in solving problems
- Ownership of projects to get things done well
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Focus on customer needs
What work here offers:
- Flexible work hours
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Freedom from being tied to an office location
- Collaborate with knowledgeable, friendly, and diligent co-workers around the world
- For full-time staff: paid holidays and vacation
- For U.S. employees: health insurance subsidy and 401(k) retirement savings plan
Getting in touch with us:
Please email us an introduction to email@example.com to apply. Include your location, a resume/CV, your GitHub or LinkedIn URLs, or whatever else helps us get to know you.
We look forward to hearing from you! Direct work seekers only, please—this role is not for agencies or subcontractors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.