Job opening: Liquid Galaxy support engineer
We are looking for a full-time, experienced or entry-level engineer to join the End Point Immersive and Geospatial Support (I+G) Team—a small, multidisciplinary team that supports our company’s clients with their Liquid Galaxy systems.
The candidate will be based out of our Johnson City, Tennessee or New York City offices depending on where the candidate is located. With sufficient hardware and deployment experience, the engineer may eventually be asked to travel to, perform, and supervise system installations.
Occasional evenings and weekend on-call shifts are shared amongst the team.
This is a great entry-level opportunity to learn about all aspects of production computer systems and their deployment. More experienced individuals will have the opportunity to work directly in feature development on production systems and possibly assist with other ongoing consulting projects the I+G team takes on.
- Job Level: Experienced or entry-level, full-time.
- Location: On-site expected with occasional remote work, on-call weekdays and weekends.
- Environment/Culture: Casual, remote management, lots of video meetings.
- Benefits: paid vacation and holidays, 401(k), health insurance.
- Track, monitor, and resolve system issues on production computer systems.
- Support clients over email and video calls, troubleshooting system features or content.
- Build server stacks, troubleshoot hardware, and fix software issues pre-installation.
- Report and document issues and fixes.
- Share responsibilities for office upkeep.
- Adapt to differing needs day to day!
Preferred skills and experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or experience in related fields.
- Working familiarity with computers, general exposure to internal components and software.
- Familiarity with Linux basics.
- Self-driven, results-, detail-, and team-oriented, follows through on problems.
- A driver’s license is required for potential travel.
- Comfortable with basic hand tools: hand drill, hex keys, screwdrivers, wire clippers, etc.
What work here offers:
- Collaboration with knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, and diligent co-workers around the world
- Flexible, sane work hours
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Freedom from being tied to an office location
- Use your desktop OS of choice: Linux, macOS, Windows
- For U.S. employees: health insurance subsidy and 401(k) retirement savings plan
About End Point
End Point was founded in New York City in 1995 as a full-service software development consultancy. The products and designs we produce are stable, scalable, and long-lasting. Over the past two decades, we’ve automated business processes, brought new ideas to market, and built large-scale, dynamic infrastructure.
Get in touch with us:
Please email us an introduction to email@example.com to apply! Include your location, a resume/CV, your Git repository or LinkedIn URLs (if any), and whatever else may help us get to know you. You can expect to interview with the Support Lead and Team Manager, and do a hands-on Linux work exercise.
We look forward to hearing from you! Direct work seekers only, please—this role is not for agencies or subcontractors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.